We're collectors of knowledge. We're students of culture, of industry, of life. We're researchers. We carry a badge. We are Scherer Cybrarian.

3.21.2007

Visuals.

A reader asks: I'm not a visual guy. But I need to create charts and visuals to make my concepts clearer for my presentations. Like I said, this does not come easy to me. I've seen Ven Diagrams, Pyramids, Flow Charts. But are there others?

Answer: Are there ever!

We recently found about the coolest collection ever.
Check out the Periodic Table of Visualization Methods.

Let it load. It takes a minute. Then run your cursor over each part of the table. You'll see a neato flash window with an example of the visualization method. It gave us some great ideas and we bet it will do the same for you.

A few are:
Radar Chart
Scatterplot
Concentric Circles
Cognitive Mapping
Tree
Metro Map
Histogram
Continuum
Magic Quadrant
Failure Tree
Value Chain
S-Cycle

Well, you get the picture!

No comments: