We're collectors of knowledge. We're students of culture, of industry, of life. We're researchers. We carry a badge. We are Scherer Cybrarian.

9.30.2007

I can't understand a word they type!

A loyal reader asks: I try reading over my daughter's shoulder when she's texting (when did THAT become a verb?) and I have to plea ignorance. I don't know what she's writing. Why does she care about Point of Sale materials? Is she working for an ad agency behind my back?

You need to catch up. And quick. POS means 'parent over shoulder' so you are busted. We understand your need to know what's going on! There are great directories of text abbreviations, but our favorite is this search at No Slang.

Prepare to be shocked (and amused) when you check out these directories:

Net Lingo


Lingo2Word


Chat Slang and Acronyms


No comments: